New England String Quartet is delighted to announce The International Composition Competition 2011. The goal of this competition is to encourage composition of original works for string quartet, to stimulate and promote contemporary chamber music, and to establish the creative ties between the New England String Quartet and composers of today.
The winner’s composition will be performed, recorded, and professionally promoted by the New England String Quartet as an audio CD and/or digital release.
- The competition is open to composers of all nationalities.
- There are no age restrictions.
- There is no application fee.
- The compositions must use the string quartet instruments.
- All music must be original.
Please see the complete Competition Rules for more details!
All submissions must be received by June 1, 2011.
The winner will be announced on July 15, 2011.